How I "Scammed" Office Depot for $25

Friday, September 26, 2008


I sent out a slew of emails to companies like Mc Donalds, Best Buy, Office Depot, Office Max, making up fake stories of in-store experience's I supposidly had. I let the companies know I was extremely offended and do not wish to shop at their store again. Well like most of you know, some companies hate to lose a customer and some dont give a rats ass. Out of all about 5 or 6 emails I sent out, this is the only one I received some compensation for.

So here is how I got a free $25 gift card from Office Depot.

Heres the email I sent:

"Hello.
I am contacting you to rely on my recent visit to an Office Depot Store in Roswell, GA.


I went to the store on a monday afternoon after work to pick up a DVD Drive for my computer. While browsing I was approached by an employe asking if I needed assistance.I said yes and I was helped to decide on a DVD Drive for my computer.

The only problem, the one I wanted was the last one in stock on the floor at the time. The box of this one was broken. Thinking there might be something wrong with the DVD Drive, I asked the employe if he could look in the back of thestore for another box.


The employe rudly declined stating that "there is nothing wrong with the damn drive, its just the box."I was extremely offended by this and stormed out of the store not purchasing anything.

I will not be returning to that Office Depot OR ANY Office Depot ever, unless something changes.
I have never experienced something like that in my life.
Thought I should let you know.
Thanks.
Chris L.
"

and this is what I got back, a few days later.

"Dear Chris L.:
Thank you for taking the time to send us your email. We are truly sorry about the poor service you received from our store located in Roswell, GA.


What you describe is completely unacceptable to us and I regret having disappointed you. Our company strives to provide fast, friendly service through our network of polite, professional and knowledgeable representatives. Your comments indicate that this is not the level of service you received and for that I sincerely apologize.

Poor customer service is not acceptable and rudeness is never tolerated. You can be assured that I will follow up to ensure that this matter is reviewed with the associate(s) in question as we certainly do not want it to happen again.

If possible, please could you provide the name of the associate or a full description of the person, so that we are able to share feedback with the Store Manager, Kevin Epperson. We do take these matters very seriously.

Although, I cannot change what has happened, I would like to make up for it at least in a small way. In that regard, I would like to personally send you an Office Depot Merchandise Card valued at $25. Please could you provide your mailing address, so that I can send you the card.

I do hope that you will accept the card as a gesture of goodwill along with my apologizes and compliments. I look forward to your feedback.
Sincerely,


Kamala Shirley
Senior Customer Relations Assistant
Executive Customer Relations
Office Depot, Inc.
2200 Old Germantown Road
Delray Beach, FL 33445
Delivering Winning Solutions That Inspire Worklife™
"



Oh My! $25?! I can't...but I can.


If anybody is wondering what happened next, I claimed I didn't remember the name of the employee and I didn't want anyone getting fired over this.


So lets analyze,


Was I really verbally assaulted?

No.

Did I really stop by Office Depot after work?

No.

Do I even HAVE a job?

No.

Do I have $25 for sending an email that took 5 minutes to write?

Yes!


I will edit in some pictures later of the card and the letter I got.



0 comments: