Craigslist Scam Email

Wednesday, October 8, 2008


Here is another scam email I got. I posted an advert offering Photoshop/Computer lessons to people in the Atlanta area. Here is one among many replies, that are just poor ass excuses at a scam. This email almost seems like a code word for "child prostitution".


"lesson
Hello , how are you doing today , hope things are going well with you over there?i saw your advert on
www.craigslist.org and i see that you would be a perfect match for my daughter who needs you .But first let me introduce myself , my name is David Michaels , i was born in the city of montreal,CANADA where i had my degree in business administration.My daughters name is Sarah michaels , she is just a small girl and i want you to coach her very well because she is the only family i have got right from the day her mother died, i have been the only one taking care of her and i am always taking her wherever i go .I want her to come so that you can tutor her so that she can be a successful person in life just like me her father .I want her to be thought any of the lessons below because i just want her to be busy so that she can do things on her own not depending on me always and everytime , so that she can be busy whenever i am not there and also she can have a talent of her own right from now on.Here are the lessons which i want you to give her and if your profession falls in any of the listed services , please get back to me . I need these services for my daughter as soon as possibleVIOLIN AND VIOLA LESSONSinging Voice and Speaking Voice Piano lessonsMATHEMATICS/ENGLISH/SCIENCE/ELEMENTARY SCIENCE AND OTHER COURSES WHICH ARE NOT HEREWriting TutorGMAT TutoringLESSONS(ENGLISH/FRENCH/PURTUGISH/GERMAN LANGUAGE/RUSSIAN/BRAZILIAN/ITALIAN And some other languages which you think she will need.GUITAR LESSONSKATE TUTORINGCHESS LESSONSFINANCE/ECONOMICS TUTORINGDRUM LESSONYOGA LESSONCOOKING LESSONBALLROOM & FIRST DANCES.A.T. TUTORING
And some other types of lessons which you think it will be benefial for my daughter of 17 years . The reason why i need you to help me with her is that since when her mother died , she had stoped schooling since then and she was 9 when she stopped and my nature of work will not let me leave her because i travel alot and i take her everywhere that i go .So please if you are interested in the job please get back to me as soon as possible so i can know my next move about her flight to the states and before anything i will need you to get back to me with the questions which i need to know like1. Are you available to tutor her2. What type of lesson do you have for her3. Are you male or female?4. How are your charges like(hourly,daily/weekly or monthly?)5. Can i get a picture of you just to know the person i am handling her to?6. Where are you located in the city/state7. What Air port is closer to your house?8. Do you prefare to tutor her in my cousins place or your place?9. Get back to me with the list of the things she will need for the lessonPlease i need you to get back to me as soon as possible so i can know how to get an upfront payment made to you before she arrives to the states,I need this service fast,because i have to arrive to the state by 2 weeks time bust she should arrive immediately we conclude the tutoring .I will make arrangement to get down to you or give you a call when i arrive. but for safety purpose i will call you as soon as i arrive , I will forward the Pictures of me in the next mail. I need your assistance and am Trusting you for this,cos its not that easy to entrust someone i have not seen in person, but i believe we all know each other one day and this will favour you well, cos am a very easy going person and well understanding. My Boss want to pay me off for the Project that i attend in Asia, so he's paying me with U.S Cashier Check/Money Orders, which can't be cashed in here because i am in canada now. If the payment(Check/Money Orders) is sent to you, so i want you to deduct the required amount for your Advance service charges, then send the rest fund or sum to my Travelling Agent, cos its for my Sarahs (My daugther)FlightTicket Fees to the states As soon as possible, then keep the remaining balance for me till i arrive to the states or for some thngs she will need. So If you are interseted doing this for me, i need thefollowing , Details(information) Below: FULL NAME : FULL ADDRESS : CITY: STATE/ZIPCODE: TELEPHONE: CELL PHONE: I need this information to issue the check, because i have to do everything fast and also my Boss is travelling for Business purpose, so he needs this information so he can issue the check and send it toyou ASAP, immediately he sends the check, i will forward the Courrier Tracking Number to you and it will Deliver Unfailingly within 2 business days. As soon as the information required from you is sent to me and the payment will be issued and get to you contact address Asap coz it takes 2-3 business days toget delivered Looking forward to hear fromyou. N.B......Plz email me your referee;s information ThanksMichaels"


Oh I'll get right back to you Michael!

0 comments: